Houses Used In Harry Potter
Harry Potter starts with a house.
Real Houses Used In The Films
There search for authenticity led the producers to uncover a treasury of Tudor era property, providing an authentic backdrop to the drama. However, there is one issue of continuity that the location experts didn't address - the ageing of the stonework. In Henry VIII's time, these would have been brand new houses, with bright new stonework. Clearly, they are beautifully weathered and covered with almost 500 years of patina, but its a minor detail that we here at Chimni were willing to forgive.
Fake Houses In The Films
Other Buildings Used In Harry Potter Films'
The original 'Wolf Hall', in Burbage, Wiltshire, was the seat of the Seymour family and the location for a dinner where Henry VIII reputedly first saw Jane Seymour. She went on to become his third wife and mother of his heir, Edward. Henry VIII had stayed at Wulfhall during his progress of 1535, which may have been when he first noticed Jane Seymour and began the process of throwing over his second wife, Anne Boleyn.
In Henry's day, the property was still known by its Saxon name 'Wulfhall' or 'Wolfhall'. The sparse records seem to indicate that it was probably a timber-framed, double courtyard house with a tower, long gallery and a chapel. Wulfhall was declared "derelict and abandoned" after 1571 as the Seymour family had moved out to nearby Tottenham Park. It was used as servant accommodation until seriously reduced in size in the 1660s and finally demolished in 1723.
See Also In Chimni
ChimniWiki Homes Used As TV & Movie Locations
ChimniWiki Homes On C4’s Grand Designs
Other Interesting Sites